Learning to fly a sailplane is a blend of the "Basics of Flight" and good judgment. There are several programs specifically designed to fit your needs and goods. The FAA certified commercial pilots and instructors at Crazy Creek Soaring make learning to fly safe and fun.
Individual instruction rate per hour: $78
Glider Rental rate per hour: $72
To schedule flying lessons please call 707-987-9293
Basic Flight Instruction Includes:
- Thirty-five to forty-five training flights for a total of 10-12 hours of flight time.
- Approximately five hours of ground instruction.
- This course will take the student with no previous flight experience up to first solo: approx. $3,000
Advanced Flight Instruction Includes:
- Ten to fourteen training flights and 25-30 solo flights should prepare the "solo student" for the FAA private pilot oral and flight exam.
- A minimum of 7 hours of solo time are required for a private pilot license:
Cross Country Instruction
Tailored to the individual pilot, and is a combination of ground and cross country flight instruction, including supervised solo cross country flying.
Power Plane To Glider Pilot Instruction
Private pilot add-on rating - minimum of 10 solo flights........... approx. $2000
Commercial pilot add-on rating minimum of 20 solo flights........... approx. $2000 - $3000
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!